Patricia Drakeford Cole
F, #76103, b. 21 March 1912, d. 6 February 1987
|Birth*||21 March 1912||Patricia Drakeford Cole was born on 21 March 1912 at Auckland.1|
|Immigration*||1923||She immigrated in 1923 to Sydney, New South Wales.2|
|Married Name||4 June 1938||As of 4 June 1938,her married name was Thompson.3|
|Marriage*||4 June 1938||She married John Joseph Meagher Thompson, son of John Grattan Thompson and Honora Catherine Meagher, on 4 June 1938 at Westminster, London, England.3|
|Residence||between 1939 and 1947||Patricia Drakeford Cole and John Joseph Meagher Thompson lived between 1939 and 1947 at Perth, Western Australia.4|
|Residence||between 1947 and 1951||Patricia Drakeford Cole and John Joseph Meagher Thompson lived between 1947 and 1951 at Collaroy, New South Wales.5|
|Residence*||1951||Patricia Drakeford Cole and John Joseph Meagher Thompson lived in 1951 at Paddington, London, England.6|
|Death*||6 February 1987||Patricia Drakeford Cole died on 6 February 1987 at age 74; DEATH|
Not found in NSW (1946-1982.)7
|John Joseph Meagher Thompson b. 20 Dec 1907, d. 1968|
- [S234] Miscellaneous, online unknown url, Born 21-Mar-1912
Birthplace = Auckland, New Zealand
Father = Patrick COLE
Mother = Ida Grace SHARLAND.
- [S234] Miscellaneous, online unknown url, Immigrated to Sydney with her mother, after parent's divorce.
- [S633] Silvan Pioneers, online http://silvanpioneers.blogspot.com.au/…, Married 4-Jun-1938
Marriage place = Registry Office, Westminster, London, England.
- [S234] Miscellaneous, online unknown url, With outbreak of war threatening, the Thompsons returned to Australia in 1939, settling in Perth.
- [S234] Miscellaneous, online unknown url, After the close of the Second World War they moved to Sydney where John took a position as a feature writer and producer with the ABC. With their sons Peter (born in 1940) and Jack (Peter’s best friend at school who was adopted by the family), they settled first in Collaroy, NSW.
- [S234] Miscellaneous, online unknown url, Residence:
From 1951, at 66 Goodhope street, Paddington.
- [S234] Miscellaneous, online unknown url, On 6 February 1987 Patricia Thompson died aged 75. Her obituary in the Sydney Morning Herald described her as ‘a woman of strong character and courage whose zest for living and interest in the arts led her to many countries and diverse activities’. The Paddington Society remembered her as ‘an essential part of the driving force and spirit of the Society in its first decade’ and ‘a tireless and enthusiastic worker, an efficient and diplomatic secretary and a guiding forceful president’. She is survived by her sons Peter and Jack.