M, #39924, b. 24 April 1856, d. 1942
|Birth*||24 April 1856||Henry Thompson was born on 24 April 1856 at England.1 |
|Marriage*||1876||He married Emma Marshall in 1876 at Meriden, Warwickshire, England.2,3 |
|Occupation*||1881||Henry Thompson was (an unknown value) in 1881.4 |
|Immigration*||1 October 1883||He and Emma Marshall immigrated on 1 October 1883 to Sydney, New South Wales.5 |
|Death*||1942||Henry Thompson died in 1942 at Wallsend, New South Wales.6 |
||Emma Marshall b. 23 Jan 1856, d. 1936
|Children ||1.||William Henry Thompson+ b. 28 May 1877, d. 1956|
| ||2.||Cecelia Fanny Thompson b. 1 Dec 1878, d. 9 Mar 1964|
| ||3.||Matilda Mabel Thompson b. 1881|
| ||4.||Lucy Emma Thompson b. 1882, d. 23 Jul 1973|
| ||5.||Harold James Thompson+ b. 1884, d. 1955|
| ||6.||Percival Edward Thompson+ b. 1886, d. 1957|
| ||7.||Arthur Charles Thompson+ b. 1888, d. 1977|
| ||8.||Horace Stanley Thompson+ b. 18 Dec 1890, d. 26 Aug 1968|
| ||9.||Lawrence Gerald Thompson+ b. 1893, d. 12 Apr 1974|
| ||10.||Eveline Florence May Thompson b. 7 Jun 1895, d. 1964|
| ||11.||Aubrey Harry Thompson+ b. 1899, d. 1977|
- [S623] James Wager Thompson - Family Website, online http://jwthompson.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse, Born 24-Apr-1856
Birthplace = Hopwas, Wigginton, Tamworth, England
(Internet research [Wikipedia] provides the following:
Wiggintonand Hopwas is a civil parish in Lichfield District, Staffordshire, England.
The villages of Wigginton and Hopwas, that make up the parish, lie 2 miles to the north and north-west, respectively, of Tamworth. )
Father = John Edward THOMPSON
Mother = UNKNOWN.
- [S601] FreeBDM, online http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl, Free BDM Marriage search
Surname First name(s) District Vol Page
Marriages Sep 1876 (>99%)
Marshall Emma Meriden 6d 569
THOMPSON Henry Meriden 6d 569.
- [S763] FamilySearch, online https://familysearch.org/, Name Emma Marshall
Event Type Marriage
Registration Quarter Jul-Aug-Sep
Registration Year 1876
Registration District Meriden County Warwickshire
Event Place Meriden, Warwickshire, England
Line Number 174
Emma Marshall probably married one of the following people
Name Henry Thompson
"England and Wales Marriage Registration Index, 1837-2005," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2DP5-V3J : 13 December 2014), Emma Marshall, 1876; from “England & Wales Marriages, 1837-2005,” database, findmypast (http://www.findmypast.com : 2012); citing 1876, quarter 3, vol. 6D, p. 569, Meriden, Warwickshire, England, General Register Office, Southport, England.
- [S623] James Wager Thompson - Family Website, online http://jwthompson.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse, Occupation = Police Officer (in 1881).
- [S623] James Wager Thompson - Family Website, online http://jwthompson.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse, Arrived Sydney, NSW on 1-Oct-1883
Arrived Aust on ship Dharwar with Emma, William, Celia, Matilda and Lucy.
- [S623] James Wager Thompson - Family Website, online http://jwthompson.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse, Died 1942
Deathplace = Wallsend, NSW.