M, #39878, b. 1896, d. 1977
|Birth*||1896||Czar Thompson was born in 1896 at Sydney, New South Wales.1,2 |
|Military Service*||between 1915 and 1919||He - Military Service between 1915 and 1919; WW1 AIF.3,4 |
|Marriage*||1922||He married Elma Irene Durham in 1922 at Sydney, New South Wales.5 |
|Death*||1977||Czar Thompson died in 1977 at New South Wales.6 |
- [S27] NSW Federation BDM (1889-1918), NSW Federation (1889-1918) CD ROM, Reg. No: 35022
Born 1896 or 1910
Registered at Sydney, NSW
Father = George O
Mother = Annie E.
- [S40] NSW BDM - Online, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/, Father = George Oliver
Mother = Annie.
- [S179] Aust WW1 Nominal Roll, online http://www.awm.gov.au/nominalrolls/ww1/index.asp, WW1 Nominal Roll
Given names Czar
Unit 3rd Battalion
Status RTA (Returned to Australia)
- [S69] St Mary Magdalene Church Cemetery, online http://www.stmarysregisters.com.au/, Corporal Czar Thompson
He was in the Civilian Militia - 20th Infantry for 4 years before enlisting. He enlisted on the 6th January, 1915 at Liverpool NSW He sailed to Gallipoli on the "Shropshire" from Sydney on 17th March, 1915 and on the 31st May, 1915 was serving with the Anzac's at Gallipoli. On the 7th August, 1915 he received a bullet wound and was admitted to hospital at Alexandria where he was then transferred on the "H.T. Caledonia" to Cairo. On the 10th August, 1915 he was admitted to No 1 A.G.H. at Heliopolis and was then transferred to "Luna Park" hospital on the 12th August, 1915. On the 30th October, 1915 he rejoined his unit at Cairo. On the 11th December, 1916 he was promoted to Corporal at Belgium. On the 12th December, 1916 was admitted to Bulford hospital with V.D. On the 15th June, 1918 he was admitted to 2nd G.H. with influenza until the 18th June, 1918 when he was discharged from hospital. He returned to Australia on the 31st May, 1919. He was discharged from active duty on the 14th September, 1919. He was born on the 27th September, 1896 at "Jerry's Plains, NSW.
- [S32] NSW BW (1914-1945) BDM, NSW BW (1914-1945) CD-ROM, Reg. No: 9400
Registered at Sydney, NSW.
- [S40] NSW BDM - Online, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/, Reg. No: 22404/1977
Given names Czar
Father George Oliver
District [not recorded].