Brian Melnotte Thompson
M, #28172, b. 19 April 1919, d. 10 February 1982
|Birth*||19 April 1919||Brian Melnotte Thompson was born on 19 April 1919 at St. Helens, Tasmania.1,2,3 |
|Military Service*||between 1940 and 1945||He - Military Service between 1940 and 1945; Royal Australian Air Force.4 |
|Marriage*||21 December 1942||He married Betty May Hunt on 21 December 1942 at Christ Church Anglican Church, South Yarra, Victoria.5,6 |
|Residence*||1982||Brian Melnotte Thompson lived in 1982 at South Perth, Western Australia.7 |
|Death*||10 February 1982||He died on 10 February 1982 at Western Australia at age 62.8 |
|Burial*||after 10 February 1982||He was buried after 10 February 1982 at Karrakatta Cemetery, Karrakatta, Western Australia.9 |
- [S26] Perth Cemetery Records, online http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/default.php, Born c1920.
- [S47] Aust WW2 Nominal Roll, online http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/, Born 19-Apr-1919
Birthplace = St. Helens, TAS.
- [S239] BD&M, TAS Federation, Reg. No: 2194
Birthplace = St Helens, TAS
Father = Vernon Walter THOMPSON
Mother = Dorothy Frances GOYNE.
- [S47] Aust WW2 Nominal Roll, online http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/, Service Record
Name THOMPSON, BRIAN MELNOTTE
Service Royal Australian Air Force
Service Number 408060
Date of Birth 19 Apr 1919
Place of Birth ST HELENS, TAS
Date of Enlistment 20 Aug 1940
Locality on Enlistment Unknown
Place of Enlistment MELBOURNE, VIC
Next of Kin THOMPSON, BETTY
Date of Discharge 21 Mar 1945
Rank Flight Lieutenant
Posting at Discharge 6 Recruit Centre
WW2 Honours and Gallantry Distinguished Flying Medal
Prisoner of War No.
- [S39] VIC Marriages (1921-1942), VIC Marriages Index (1921-1942) CD-ROM, Reg. No: 20611
Marriage place = VIC
Married at Christchurch, SouthYarra, VIC.
- [S485] TROVE Australia, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/, Marriage Notice
The Argus (Melbourne, Vic.: 1848-1954)
Tuesday 22 December 1942
The marriage was celebrated quietly at Christ Church, South Yarra, yesterday by Canon Murray of Betty May, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. P. C. Hunt, Scarborough, Perth (WA), and Plt-Off Brian M. Thompson, DFM, RAAF, returned Middle East, only son of Mr. and Mrs. Vernon Thompson, St. Helens, East Coast (T). The bride, who was given away by Mr. George Barnes, wore a simple tailored frock of soft blue crepe with white hat and accessories, and wore a shoulder spray of pink and blue flowers. The bridesmaid was Miss Pat Bourke, also of Perth, and the best man Mr. Les Wilke. A buffet luncheon was held at the Oriental Hotel.
- [S26] Perth Cemetery Records, online http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/default.php, Last residence = South Perth, WA.
- [S26] Perth Cemetery Records, online http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/default.php, Died 10-Feb-1982.
- [S26] Perth Cemetery Records, online http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/default.php, Burial Record
Given names Brian melnotte
Age 62 years
Death Year 1982
Surburb South Perth, WA
Death date 10-Feb-1982
Area IC Section